Wednesday 29 June 2011

Yo tengo, yo tuve, yo tendré.

When we arrived life was geared towards finding things, a school for the girls, a job for Ricky and a place to call home.  Next was the exploring phase, learning about Valparaíso and it’s people.  All the while our Spanish was growing wild and untamed.  I had always hoped to take lessons to keep up with the girls.  


Thanks to our generous family and friends I have now officially begun private lessons.  After a week of lessons on my own I talked Ricky into dropping one of his morning classes to join me.  After all if I don’t have anyone to practice with then it defeats the purpose.  


The half way mark of our year long adventure is here and now is the time to rein in all the Spanish we have learnt on the streets and from doing grade two home work and turn it into a second language for our entire family.  So thanks to everyone who chipped in, when I get home I promise to dazzle you.


1 comment:

  1. I would be you buddy and go to spanish class with you -- I am learning on my own and it's slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww -- best of luck..hugs

    ReplyDelete